Jenn's Excellent Adventure

I am going to try to keep a travel journal to share with my family and friends. Check out my pictures!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sometimes I stop and think, I am in Paris. And I get a little giddy. I mean, I am here. It’s amazing. Despite all the crap I have to go through, the crap is happening to me in Paris. I love it. I’m in Paris.

This week started off well enough. On Tuesday, I went over to Sylvana’s in the evening. We were trying to decide what we wanted to eat, and I have been craving fondue for a while. So we headed back over towards my area, and went to a fondue restaurant. The great thing about living in a touristy area is there is no shortage of good food places. It was, of course, heavenly. I decided that when I go back home, I am introducing my friends to the wonderful world of cheese fondue. Look out.

Wednesday was the beginning of the decline. My day started off with an email from MICEFA saying that some class times had changed. Now the Literature and Politics class that Professor Tomi is teaching has been moved to 11:00 on Mondays. Boooooooo! That means I can’t take it, I have work then. I was so looking forward to that class, and to taking Professor Tomi again. He was such an awesome teacher.

So I will be taking a History of Paris class. It’s apparently the class that the Architecture class turned into. So I am kind of excited about that.

So back to Wednesday. It was kind of a boring day. Patrick came over and borrowed my shower, his is broken right now. And then I went to do my laundry. After laundry, I came home, started dinner, and I felt a sore throat coming on. By the time I finished cooking dinner, I was on my ass. I felt so shitty.

Thursday was a little better. I had some stuff to take care of, and getting out of bed and walking around the city made me feel a little better. Sylvana rented Zoolander, so I went over to her place and we watched it. I can’t believe I had never watched that movie all the way through before. It was so funny. Bad I know, I’m in France, and I keep watching American movies. Get over it.

Friday, I got up, tried to go to work, and couldn’t make it through the day. I had to leave early, I was feeling all fevery and achy and my throat was killing me. I called MICEFA, and they recommended a doctor who isn’t too far from me that speaks English. So I went home, napped a little bit, and then went to see him. And the diagnosis: Strep Throat. Awesome. So he prescribed antibiotics and some stuff for the fever, and told me to spend the weekend in bed. And if I feel bad on Monday, he’ll write a doctors note for me to stay home.

So that means I missed Wilson’s party on Friday, and the bigger bummer, Dinseyland on Saturday. Sylvana and I had been planning on going for a few weeks now. And the weather was friggin gorgeous on Saturday (of course, I had arranged it a while ago…).

Now I get to figure everything out with the social security. They reimburse most of my medical expenses. But I just have to figure it out. Perhaps when I’m not so doped up.

So yeah, that’s my awesome week gone sucky. Better now than in two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home