Jenn's Excellent Adventure

I am going to try to keep a travel journal to share with my family and friends. Check out my pictures!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So I’m back at my blogging. I think. Enjoy it.

This past week has been so much fun. I kind of like not having to go to school. Hahaha. That’s all over next week. So sad.

Last week it snowed. It was an event for me. I’ve counted, and it was the fourth time in my life I ever watched it snow. I opened my window, wrapped up in a blanket, and just watched it fall. The snow melted as soon as it hit the ground, but that was 6 stories below me, so I didn’t care. It was something cool. Some people were less impressed, and kind of amused by my fascination.

In the adults’ conversation class that I teach, we were talking about the weather. We were talking about the cold here, and I talked about the weather in California. One of the ladies asked me “Do you ever get tired of it being warm all the time?” The answer to that was a big fat NO.

I miss being warm. I miss looking at the sun and feeling warmth. Here, it seems the sun comes out for decoration only. I think that might have been a contributing factor to my recent case of the blahs.

And I finally got around to hanging out with the Katies. Every time we tried, something happened to make it not happen. They are lots of fun.

Wednesday, we went out to a bar, hung out, made fun of our writing teacher, and b.s.ed. It was fun.

On Friday, Katie Red (ok, wait, I have to explain. The Katies are inseparable. There is Katie Red and Katie Blonde. Just to be clear on which one I am talking about.) texted me, and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Louvre, and then for drinks afterwards. Um, that was a no-brainer. So we met up, walked around the Louvre for a little while, looked at the Islamic Art section, and went off to the Bastille for drinks. We went to a cool dive-ish bar I had been to before. It was awesome, the bar was open all night, and I headed home around 6ish I think. I love love love the night busses.

On Saturday, I slept. Haha. When I woke up, I decided that it was time to book my flight home. I’ve been keeping an eye on prices, and it seems that the really cheap rates are going. (Of course, now that I have my ticket, there is going to be an insane price war…) It was actually a really sad moment for me, and as I was doing it, I was actually crying. It put a tangible end to this adventure.

Saturday night, I hung out with Sylvana. We had heard about a store out here that sells American things. It’s called the Thanksgiving Store. So we went. It was amazing. I bought Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. And we bought Brownie mix. You have no idea how much I miss certain foods from back home. Here I am in Paris, surrounded by amazing food everywhere (and believe me, I love it!), but sometimes all I can think about is the food that I can’t have. Like smoothies. Oh goodness, I could so go for Jamba Juice or Juice It Up right now. And we decided to make Swedish Meatballs. So amazing. Mmmmmmm.

And then Sunday morning, we met up with the Katies and went to an American diner for breakfast. It was great. Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes with maple syrup. Soooooo good. I hadn’t had pancakes in so long.

I’ve still got work. And a stomach virus has broken out among the kids. Great. I hope my immune system holds up. I just got done being sick. I don’t want it again. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I think I broke the blahs. We’ll see. In the mean time, I will try to keep you up on what I’ve been doing. Promise.

I have some fun times coming up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog.
You are so lucky to be studying in France.

Not sure how I found this but you are a good writer.
Best

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home