Jenn's Excellent Adventure

I am going to try to keep a travel journal to share with my family and friends. Check out my pictures!

Monday, January 29, 2007

I have been terribly slacking on the blogs. I am sorry. I know you are always excited to read about what I’ve been doing. I have caught a horrible case of the blahs, and I can’t seem to shake it.

Since I last posted a half ass recap of what I’ve been doing… a lot has actually happened.

I made it through finals!!! Yay! They were ridiculous. My writing final was really hard. It took me two hours (when have I ever taken two hours to get through a test?). I was one of the first people done. And when I went to hand the teacher my final, she looked at me and was like “Done already? I am surprised.” And not in a nice way.

And my speaking class, that was just stupid. She had told us to read a book, and our final was going to be about it. So I spent a lot of time reading, re-reading, studying, etc., and then, she asks us one friggin question about the book, that I didn’t even really need the book in order to answer.

I did like my MICEFA class. On the last day of class, we did a walking tour of the Marais. It was really awesome, and of course, the weather was beautiful. We took our time, and the professor even asked if we wanted to go on longer. So a few of us did, and we ended in the Jewish neighborhood. The history in the Marais is so incredible. And then at the end, there were three of us left, so Prof. Tomi bought us Falafel. It was soooooo good.

Now I’m on vacation from school until Feb 12. Then a new semester of French fun starts. Can’t wait (notice the sarcasm…).

As for working, it is going good. I really consider myself lucky to have been placed in the school that I am in, even though the commute is still a pain in my ass. My kids are so awesome.

The one girl who had contracted Meningitis is better, she is actually back at school. She doesn’t seem to be 100%, but considering the first news about her after the Christmas break was that her condition was grave, seeing her is such a relief.

I am still babysitting, despite my attempts to quit. The mom called me right after Christmas, and asked me if I cut it down to one day, would I still be willing to do it. So I guess I will stick with it.

It had been “warm” here for a few weeks, temperatures getting up the mid 50s. That’s over for now. It dropped to the low 40s today, and is supposed to keep getting colder. Snow is to be expected. Yeck.

And the soldes. Oh my goodness the soldes! I love the soldes! Soldes are these government mandated sales. It’s basically a big clearance sales, and they happen twice a year. I had been waiting for the soldes to buy some winter clothes. I got some stuff from the Gap (oh so French, I know), and I was really lucky, and able to get a jacket that I had wanted for 30% off. Woo hoo! And I splurged and got a Lacoste hoodie.

I really promise to try to make an effort to keep up a blog like I did before the break. I do have some exciting times coming up, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home